A report released in January of 2016 indicated that training needs, and the states where Equal Employment Opportunity charges are most likely to be filed, are highest in Texas, California and Florida.
Here are some of the results:
• The highest number of national-origin discrimination charges were filed in Florida at 1,353 with California following at 1,101 and Arizona at 382.
• Gender discrimination charges were high in California at 1,705
• Disability discrimination charges are an issue in California at 1,988 claims and in Arizona at 908.
Training is often relegated to the bottom of the priority list because it is difficult to see how it impacts the bottom line. However, when looked at from a loss prevention or risk management perspective, it is easier to see the value in how training helps to mitigate the issues and could guard against charges raised against your company which has the potential for a bigger loss; not to mention that EEO training also supports an ethical and safe environment for your employees.
Western Growers can help you stay up to date with your training so you can guard against potential claims. The association has dedicated trainers that can discuss your particular needs, based on your region and your staff. And, Western Growers’ trainers meet the mandated requirements that keep you in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Did you know that Sexual Harassment Training by a certified provider is required every two years?
Training provided through WG satisfies the legal requirements because it is offered by an attorney, law professor, or human resources professional. Our trainers, as required by AB 1825, have two or more years’ practical experience in at least one or more of the following:
• Designing or conducting discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment prevention training.
• Responding to sexual harassment or other discrimination complaints.
• Conducting investigations of sexual harassment complaints.
• Advising employers or employees regarding discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment prevention.
Western Growers offers public sessions across California and Arizona and can also provide training on-site.
May 5, 2016 – 10:00am to 12:00pm (English)
Space is limited, so register today!
Western Growers members: $50 per attendee
Non-members: $70 per attendee