The Western Growers Transportation Program (WGTP) is an exclusive, turn-key benefit for Western Growers members. Through C.H. Robinson (CHR), this personalized program meets the needs of the most challenging supply chains, providing high-quality service coupled with the latest logistical technology to optimize distribution patterns and lower delivered costs.
Western Growers (WG) is thrilled to announce a few updates to the transportation program. The program’s management is now being overseen by WG’s Trade Practices Manager Bryan Nickerson, who specializes in representing suppliers through PACA reparation actions, dispute resolution consultation and claims activity by recovering monies due and owed to WG members. Additionally, the WGTP is enhanced by welcoming back CHR’s transportation veteran Lauren Singh to the account management team. She previously directed the WGTP and the Monterey Commercial Transportation team. In Singh’s new role as WGTP / CHR Transportation Director, She will now supervise the strategy, account management team and execution of the WGTP. Singh’s team specializes in complex produce supply chains and aims to provide an industry-leading experience for all Western Growers members.
Prior to joining Western Growers’ staff in 2008, Nickerson already was a third-generation agriculturist. He was born and raised in the Coachella Valley with a passion for farming in his blood. Some of his core childhood memories were the duties and responsibilities he was delegated on the farm; everything from field preparation to post-harvest. Nickerson eventually worked his way up to direct the bell pepper packing operations for Prime Time International. He graduated from San Diego State University in 2003 and is an alumnus of the California Agricultural Leadership Program, Class 48.
Singh also hails from the farming community, as she grew up on her family’s dairy farm in Moss Landing, Calif., and spent many summers helping with the animals and daily chores. She started at C.H. Robinson in 2009 as an intern while finishing her degree in agri-business at California State University at Monterey Bay. In her previous time at WGTP, she graduated from the Key Account Sales Program as well as the Leadership Networking Circle. In 2019, she transitioned to Robinson Fresh selling into Trader Joe’s warehouse and distribution network.
Through C.H. Robinson, WGTP’s personalized, delivered program meets the needs of your most challenging supply chains with its reliable service. For over a decade, the program has offered turnkey supply chain solutions. These best-in-class services include truckload, LTL, intermodal, refrigerated warehousing and forward distribution. Shippers receive access to national surge capacity, guaranteed customized pricing options, transportation performance analytics and individual account management.
By enabling shippers to realize improved logistics efficiency through management of spend, carrier performance, and market risk, the WGTP is a unique member benefit that provides a substantial competitive advantage.
In addition, C.H. Robinson has introduced its technology platform Navisphere to the WGTP. This platform incorporates features uniquely suited to small and mid-sized shippers. These features include:
Account Management Tailored for You
• Each participating shipper is assigned a C.H. Robinson Account Manager
• Worldwide network with a singular point of contact
• Collaborative claims resources through C.H. Robinson and Western Growers
• Operating 24/7/365
• Monthly and quarterly economic and market updates
Pricing to Create Sales
• Pricing available to all major U.S. and Canada markets
• Full truckload, less than truckload (LTL), warehousing, cross-dock services etc. available
• Tailored pricing (ad, promotional, seasonal and contract)
Navisphere® Technology Platform Tools
• Online access and visibility to shipments
• Executive scorecards for performance benchmarks and continuous process improvement
• View and print documents, including bills of ladings, proofs of delivery, weight tickets and inspection reports
• Manage accounts payable
• Generate customized transportation performance and expense reports
Freight Services for Every Need
• Temperature controlled and ambient shipping solutions
• Intermodal, Rail, Ocean and Air services
• Warehousing and forward distribution
• Available for all shipper freight needs (fresh, processed products, machinery, packaging, etc.)
If you would like more information on the Transportation Program or would like to schedule a consultation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bryan Nickerson at 949.885.2392 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lauren Singh at 831.392.7061 or email@example.com.