Western Growers has added new speakers to the AgTechX Ed Summit on August 25, 2021 at Reedley College.
This event will bring together universities and colleges, farming and agricultural partners, and technology companies across California for a series of educational sessions on how to transition the agriculture workforce to master rapidly developing agricultural technology.
- Karen Ross, Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture (keynote address)
- Dave Puglia, President & CEO, Western Growers
- John E. Deasy, Executive VP of Education, The Wonderful Company
- Dave Marguleas, CEO, Sun World International
- Harold McClarty, CEO, HMC Farms
- Loren Booth, President, Booth Ranches
- Mike Dentinger, Director of Ag OEM Development, Trimble
- Kathryn Van Weerdhuizen, Global Fruit Manager, Oxbo International Corp.
- Luis Kasurayama, Chairman, Central Valley Farmworker Foundation
- Jerry Buckley, President, Reedley College
- Dennis Nef, Dean of Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology, Fresno State
- Charles Andersen, CEO, Augean Robotics
- Bruce Rasa, CEO & Co-Founder, AgVoice
- Mike Dodson, CEO & Founder, PAGO
- Seana Day, Partner, Better Food Ventures
- +10 additional speakers and panelists. Click here for the full list of speakers.
AgTechX Ed at Reedley College officially kicks off the AgTechX Ed Initiative – a statewide effort, led by Western Growers and California Department of Food and Agriculture Secretary Karen Ross, to cultivate a future workforce with the skills and knowledge needed to navigate emerging on-farm technology. This event will be one of four, with future events in Imperial Valley, Monterey County and the greater Sacramento area.
AgTechX Ed at Reedley College
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Time: 1:00pm – 6:30pm PT
Location: Reedley College (995 N Reed Ave., Reedley, CA 93654)
RSVP: Register at https://pages.agtechxfs.com/agtechx-ed_reedley/
*This in-person event is free. COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place.
For additional information about the event or AgTechX Ed Initiative, contact Dennis Donohue at (831) 594-4883.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.