Western Growers has formed a new Food Safety Advisory Subcommittee (FSAS) to bolster its efforts in solving produce safety challenges.
FSAS members will advise the Food Safety Science and Technology Committee, which reports to the WG’s Board of Directors, while providing technical expertise and advice on science issues and industry regulations affecting the safety of fresh produce. Members of FSAS will be abreast of WG’s key food safety efforts and projects and have the opportunity to provide WG’s Science staff with feedback on these endeavors.
The following 12 WG members will serve on FSAS:
- Chair: Jacob Odello, Nunes Company
- Co-Chair: Cailin Keaton, Pasquinelli Produce Company
- Secretary: Amber Strohauer, Strohauer Farms
- Bob Wright / Veg Fresh Farms, LLC
- Daniel Delgado / Orange County Produce
- Diego Trujillo / Bueno Foods
- Fatima Corona / JV Smith Companies
- Frank Kelsey / Highland Ag Solutions (ad-hoc member)
- Kate Burr / Markon Cooperative Inc.
- Lacy Litten / Innovative Produce
- Tim Antongiovanni / Ten Star Farming, Inc.
- Amanda Brooks / Harrison Farms
For questions about the FSAS, contact Sonia Salas at (949) 885-2251.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.