Western Growers will be hosting a Train-the-Trainer FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) course on April 17 – 19, 2018. This course combines the FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs participant course with the FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs Lead Instructor course. This combination course is coordinated by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA).
- Participants must be an approved Lead Instructor candidate
- Participants must be present for the entire course, please plan travel accordingly
FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs Course:
This course will provide participants with the knowledge to implement the requirements of the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This regulation is one of a number of regulations issued as result of the 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
This course is designed for:
- U.S.‐based importers who meet the definition of “importer” in the FSVP rule, which includes those who own or are the consignee of food at the time of entry, or, if no owner or consignee exists, the U.S. agent or representative of the foreign owner.
- Others who have an interest in ensuring that the requirements of the FSVP rule are met, including brokers, exporters, foreign suppliers of food that will be exported to the U.S., persons/business owners who currently buy food from foreign sources, and representatives of foreign governments.
The FSVP curriculum was designed by regulatory, academia, and industry professionals and developed with funding from FDA as part of the FSPCA. In contrast to the Preventive Controls (PC) rule, the FSVP rule does not require you to attend a training program following a “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA. Attending this course, however, will help you understand the FSVP requirements and how those requirements can be met in your particular circumstance.
FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs Lead Instructor Course:
This course provides the Lead Instructor candidate the knowledge and tools needed to perform the duties of a Lead Instructor for the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs course.
The course content is focused on strategies to aid in the effective instruction of the activities and documentation that support the creation and implementation of Foreign Supplier Verification Programs. Administrative tasks for issuing Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance certificates are also covered as well as a refresher on effective presentation for the adult learner.
Completing this instructor training allows you to deliver the FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs course as a Lead Instructor.
FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs Combination Course
Date: Tuesday, April 17 – Thursday, April 19, 2018
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Days 1 & 2)
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Day 3)
Location: Western Growers (15525 Sand Canyon Irvine, CA 92618)
Cost: $995 (includes all course materials and snacks)
RSVP: REGISTER HERE
The deadline to register is Tuesday, March 27, 2018. A limited number of seats is available. Register today. For more information, read the FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs fact sheet.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.